Who are you in love with?
An innocent question enough but for this single gal it is a boring one. I am in love with no one currently. I am on the path of learning to love myself more. I hear that in order for you to love others, you should love yourself first. So I am working on that.
Evelyn from Abundance Tapestry came up with 17 ways to love yourself. Here are a few of my favorite:
- Stop listening to the “negative Nancy” inside your head. Judging yourself too harshly will not accomplish anything but more bad feelings.
- Karma will bite you back. Send kindness out into the world and you will experience it yourself. Positive thoughts are powerful.
- Trust yourself and be honest, this will help confidence grow. Put yourself in situations where you will succeed.
- Forgiveness is the most powerful tool you own. Use it.
- Relax more. Take care of yourself, it’s the only body you get. You mind needs to be looked after as well. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
This is a tough process that I believe everyone deals with to some extent. Love is a deep, complex emotion and you won’t see changes overnight. I’m thirty something and still tackling this issue with myself.