Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine getting recognized for my ramblings on my blog. I am very grateful for the notice by Ms. J. Kristina over at
Bloggers write to satisfy their own needs first, and rarely do we write to please the masses. Which is why getting noticed is a bit shocking and extremely humbling. This award is a great opportunity to build a support system online and the cherry on top is more traffic for my little corner of the blogosphere. I still feel like a newbie when it comes to blogging so being nominated for this award has brightened my spirits and boosted my confidence. I wholeheartedly accepted my reward but a note to my nominees–participation is voluntary. Just because you are nominated does not mean you must join in (but why not, this is FUN).
Thanks again, Ms. J. Kristina for seeing value in my blog content. Your positive energy is contagious. Go check out this aspiring author’s work here. Paying it forward is such a huge, beneficial concept (did you see the movie?, one of my favorites) and I truly believe in karma. Like the famous composers said, “all you need is love.”
- Incessant Ramblings–random, yes, but with a bit of moxie.
- me and my words–insights into human emotion.
- Claire over there–has a way with words.
- Just Someone who likes Film and Books–the blog name got me hooked.
- The Gist of Life–her life to do list spoke to me.
- Amanda–a kindred spirit because I find myself nodding in agreement while reading her posts.
Second Runnings–life commentary is intriguing to me.
Questions for my nominees*:
- Name one book, song, or piece of art that has touched your life and why.
- How do you feel about blogging? Name at least one thing you love and one thing you hate (be honest, we all have these feelings now and then).
- What hobby/interest do you wish you had more time for?
- Who has influenced you the most and how?
- What is your biggest weakness, how do you overcome it?
- Where and when do you feel most creative?
- When do feel most accomplished and why?
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 7* other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 7* new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
- Celebrate this achievement.
- Stay motivated and keep blogging.
Questions for Me:
- What makes you unique?
- Everyone is unique because otherwise the world would be a boring place. I’m unique because I embrace the things that make me an individual and I celebrate/appreciate the individuality of others.
- What do you like doing, outside of blogging?
- One of my favorite activities is reading over a coffee or exploring new locations and photographing my adventures.
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- Most would list a person when asked this question but my biggest inspiration is Mother Nature. I love to photograph the outdoors. When I need to clear my head I go for a walk. Most of my thinking is done when I’m wandering between point A and B. Nature also amazes me and my philosophical self surfaces when I spend time in nature.
- What is your favorite gadget/tech device? Why?
- I received a Kindle two years ago for my birthday and it has changed my life and the way I think of reading. It makes traveling so much easier and I can read more, anywhere. I still love the feel and smell of an actual book but my Kindle has made my reading obsession much more manageable.
- What social media sites do you use, if any?
- If you had a theme song, what would it be?
- Float On by Modest Mouse, this song is my jam.
- If you were able to sit down with world leaders what would you say?
- “Can’t we all just get along?” or something similar.
- Who is one famous person you would like to meet or have met?
- I would love to meet Mindy Kaling. She is wicked smart, talented, hilarious, and a snappy dresser. In another life her and I were meant to be best friends.
- Which of your posts are you most proud of?
- I am proud of them all, each one is a small piece of me, but a favorite of mine is a recent post, Shutter Bug. I talk about photography, my camera, and include a few photos from the past. This post has inspired me to get back to my hobby because photography leaves me feeling content.
- What is one goal you have for your blog?
- I am currently trying to update daily and using a journal plan I found on Pinterest. I also do “photo-a-day” and would like to incorporate more of my photos into my blog.
- If you could visit any period in time, what would it be?
To everyone reading my blog, I’m sending good thoughts your way and my many thanks. The Liebster Award sheds light on undiscovered blogs and helps bloggers connect and grow through the blogging community.
*The numbers were changed in this post from my original assignment because seven is one of my lucky numbers and it is a more feasible option for me. Feel free to break the rules as well.