Top Ten Tuesday is the brain child of The Broke and the Bookish and highlights a weekly bookish theme for everyone to ponder. I participate because lists are fun! Read on and share yours in the comments.
Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors
- J.K. Rowling–Of course a list about authors would not be complete without Jo on it. In my eyes, she reinvented the wheel. I love her and feel thankful every day that she introduced me to the joys of reading for fun again.
- Jane Austen–It seems that my top authors all start with the same letter, fun coincidence. Jane is my home-girl. She is hilarious and smart which I find a perfect combination. I always have a good time reading her books.
- Jonathan Safran Foer–After reading his work I changed my thinking or maybe started thinking more. His writing style has a way of transporting me in to the book, as if I am standing with the characters experiencing it all with them.
- John Green–For the FEELS.
- Laurie Notaro–For the laughs.
- Mindy Kaling–Same as #5.
- Hester Browne–I cannot put my finger on why I love her work. Her books are fun and flirty, nice for in-between series or genres (a book hangover cure, for me at least).
- Richelle Mead–My go-to author for a great escape. Her books are fast to read, enjoyable, and rarely disappointing.
- Stephen King–When I need a good scare I pick up one of his novels.
- Dr. Seuss–For a lot of reasons but this sums it up: “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
Which authors make your favorites list?