Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer
A beach read should be a page turner that leaves you feeling satisfied by the end of the book. Also a book with the word summer in the title is a popular choice as a beach read, or perhaps a book that has been on your TBR pile for ages. The following are books (in no particular order) I hope to read during free time, and possibly outside soaking up some sun.
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer. This is one that’s been patiently waiting to be read. I hope to get that accomplished soon.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. There is a lot of buzz about this book so I want to read it to see what all the fuss is about.
- Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares. I had no idea this series had a fifth book, so this is on my list because years ago I read the first book during summer break and closure is a good thing.
- Burnt Devotion by Rebecca Ethington. Another series continuation that is perfect for summer reading. I picked up this series on a whim and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
- Something by Sarah Dessen like That Summer or Someone Like You. I have yet to read a S. Dessen novel and I’ve heard that I’m missing out. Going to rectify that this summer. Got a suggestion of which to read first?
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold. Because the cover has me interested and I have been in a YA mood lately.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I finished E&P recently and quickly, so I figure another R. Rowell book is perfect as a summer page turner.
- I am finally getting around to Marie Lu’s Legend. I will read this. It will not sit on my TBR pile any longer.
- This next book makes the list due to popularity and a renewed interest of reading fantasy books. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.
- Jodi Picoult has been recommended to me so I thought I’d start with House Rules.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week is a new bookish topic for a new list. Go check them out and find out more about participating.