Today’s my birthday so I gave myself permission to not follow the topic for this week. Instead I’m going to compile my birthday wish list of the top ten books I’d love to own sometime soon.
Check out The Broke and the Bookish for this week’s true topic and more info on the ttt meme.
Top Ten Books On My Birthday Wishlist
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (yes, the UK one): The Illustrated Edition
Of course any HP enthusiast will have the new illustrated version on their wishlist. I would probably collect any edition if I’m being honest with myself. This series saved me in a way, renewing my love of reading.
2. Pride and Prejudice: Penguin’s hardback Clothbound Classics series
Another book that I could own all different editions and not think twice about it. This edition would be on display in my future library in my dream home on some bookshelf or another.
3. All Rainbow Rowell‘s books. I’ve only read e-books of her published works to date (except Carry On) but I want to own the physical books.
4. The Penguin Drop Caps. These classics are gorgeous, I’d be afraid to read them but I can get over that. I love the color selection, it would make any shelf pop. I own the letter A so only 25 more to go.
5. Richelle Mead‘s novels. I own the Vampire Academy and most of Bloodlines but I need to fill in the missing books. Her work is fun to read (and reread) and I prefer owning a complete set so I have a few to add to my collection.
6. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling. She is funny and lovable. I loved her first book so it’s only natural to pick up her second.
7. The rest of the Pretty Little Liars series so I can finish the set in a more timely manner. One of the worst things about reading a series is waiting to get your paws on the next book in the series. I’m not the most patient person so I struggle with this issue often.
8. The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Millennium Trilogy #4). I’m curious–new author, new book.
9. Two Hester Browne novels, Honeymoon Hotel & The Vintage Girl. I’ve read her other books and LOVED them. She’s one of my auto buy authors. I know I’ll enjoy these when I finally get my hands on them.
10. Anything by Laurie Notaro. I’m especially looking forward to Her Horses Invariably Galloped: A Novel coming in 2016.
These are my “will eventually acquire” books. What books are on your own acquisition list?