I recently announced a milestone for myself and this blog. I have been on WP for a whole year now (and I’m nearly halfway through 2015 and still reaching my goal of updating daily). Today I bought myself a gift to celebrate the occasion. It is quite fitting since the traditional way to honor an anniversary in the first year is paper.
Today was a good day and now I am off to color.
“Thanks, and thanks; and ever thanks.”
What a great way to start the new month. Maggie over at The Novel Orange nominated me for a Liebster Award. It is an honor to be recognized by a fellow blogger and being nominated is always a surprise. Thank you for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere and many thanks to Maggie for the nomination. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers as a way to recognize and/or discover new blogs.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate (insert your own number here) other bloggers,
who have less than 200 followers, and link them.
- Create new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
- Celebrate this achievement.
- Stay motivated and keep blogging.
What is your Zodiac sign? Do you feel that your sign’s characteristics fit your personality? Why or why not?
I am a Libra. I am not sure if I believe in astrology but I would take Professor Trelawney’s Divination class if I were to attend Hogwarts. I think when we look at our horoscope, for example, we find the truth within the message instead of taking the message at face value. The same when you think about fortune telling. With that said, I think anything is possible and the subject matter is interesting. Some characteristics of Libra that I identify with: just, diplomatic, balanced, detached, indecisive, & laid-back.
What book were you required to read in school that you loved or despised the most?
I loved reading in school, often finishing work early to have free time for reading. In elementary school I read The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop and loved it. It inspired a deeper love of reading and opened the door for more fantasy books to enter. I despised reading aloud in class because I’m an introvert, I have a quiet talking voice, and I have never liked the sound of my speaking voice.
Do you have a favorite or lucky number or charm? If so, what is it and why does it bring you luck? What ultimately caused you to choose your unique charm?
13 has always been a favorite of mine (the day of my birth) but 7 is my most favorite number. I have always liked numbers; math was my favorite subject in school. There are numerous reasons I like the number seven but one of the biggest is that it is a prime number, the fourth prime number (and 13 is 1+3=4). It’s also a happy number, signifies the colors in a rainbow and days in the week. Read more about the number seven here.
Are there any songs that correspond with and remind you of defining moments or experiences in your life? If yes, what songs bring back memories?
When I hear certain songs they take me back to certain times but not always. It usually happens when I have a significant memory to pair with the song or a stronger memory, for example the song I sang at my high school graduation will forever be in my mind for some reason (a milestone, I guess).
Do you keep a journal? Why or why not?
Yes but I write in it rarely. I need to get back in the habit of using it (I blame technology).
Do you have animals? If yes, let us know all about them! If not, why don’t you have pets?
The Three Amigos.
If you could emulate any author, whose writing style would you choose to possess?
This is such a tough question. I think I’d go with either the queen, JKR, for obvious reasons or Jane Austen because she was witty and ahead of her time.
What is your honest opinion of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series?
The books that lived.
What is the very first book or story you remember reading? How old were you and why does the tale resonate with you?
I really can’t remember the first first but when I was twelve or thirteen I read the bible (KJ version), the whole thing. I was really proud of myself because I didn’t know many adults that could say they have done that.
List your five favorite blogs!
See my nominees.
- What is your favorite quote and why?
- And your favorite word? Is there a reason it’s your favorite?
- What time of day do you write blog posts? Why is that your time?
- What type of blog posts do you love reading? Which type do you love to write?
- Coffee or tea, and why?
- Hardback, paperback, or ebook?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, one place, where would you travel? Who would join you?
To everyone reading my blog, I’m sending good thoughts your way and my many thanks. To my nominees, participation is voluntary but if you choose not to accept your award please try to pay it forward another way. We need more good vibes in the world.
Thanks again for the award, Maggie!
It is crazy to think about things you wrote down years ago. I dug out one of my journals (still a WIP to fill) and snapped some shots of a few pages. The stories were funny to read now but I started looking at my handwriting.
The biggest difference is when you compare the present with 15 years ago. Back then I was in the habit of writing daily and it was just the dawn of the computer age. As time goes on my writing (in my opinion) is lacking. I may need to get back in the practice of writing in an actual journal again to improve my penmanship.
These excerpts are examples of when I was not trying to write legible, just freely.
Have you noticed a change in your handwriting over the years? Is the computer/texting ruining us all?
For me Sunday marks the beginning of a new week. It is the end of the weekend and usually a day devoted to rest but it also a day in which I try to finish up the week’s worth of things on my to do list.
Seven things still on my mind from this past week:
- The dog needs a haircut, in fact, so do I. The weather is starting to change and it is the “kick off of summer” because of the holiday so a shorter hairdo is in order before it gets sweltering outdoors. Also I’m debating, fringe or not?
- I am behind on my (required by me) reading and need to get in gear to move on to more books. Also, I need to catch up on reviews that have yet to be written.
- I am a crappy friend and unless I write on my to do list to email people or call so-and-so for their birthday I will forget. If I were offered one upgrade to my current self, I would choose a memory that works just like google.
- This last week I finished a few projects but I still have some past their deadline. I need to stay motivated this week to get things done again. I did manage to get caught up in numerous areas so I’m not too worried about feeling bogged down this week.
- I did a blog redesign but now I need to get more organized and more interaction with followers and blogs I follow. There is always room to improve.
- Cookies will be made this week because they have been on my list of things to do for the longest. Yum, cookies!
- It’s almost time to switch out the wardrobe for lighter layers since the hot weather is encroaching. This means I have a date with my closet this week and I’ll be making a trip to the donation drop center again. But on the plus side, I am making room for new clothes to take the space of the old I don’t use.
What are your seven?
My sister took this picture (thanks) of me on our trip to the Pacific Northwest. I loved every minute of my time in Seattle and the surrounding areas. I always feel like I’m returning home when I visit there. My heart will always belong along the Pacific.
Where I have lived.
A visit multiple times.
A visit once or twice.
Never been here.
I am addicted to a kid’s show. There, I said it, I admit it. I like the Bubble Guppies.
I have been watching during the week with my niece and I enjoy it more and more each day. I think the one reason I like it so much is this song. Mr. Grouper’s Line Up song is one of the best things ever. It’s so catchy.
The show is pretty cute and the story lines are entertaining but I really like the music in the show.