Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all my readers.
May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
Today I am participating in the Top Ten Tuesday brought to us by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week is a different theme and this week everyone is talking about Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List.
Spring officially starts Friday night this week. I am working on reading my way through the alphabet and during the spring I will be working on titles/authors from F to K or L (depending on how fast I read). Here’s what I have planned so far for those letters (please leave suggestions for other letters in the comment section, I can use recommendations, thanks).
- Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn: I haven’t technically started this yet but I’m on the letter F right now. This was originally going to be my G choice but I wanted to read the next book for G.
- An Abundance of Katherines, John Green: This is one of the last JG books I have yet to read.
- I have three or four books lined up for H, so I will probably randomly pick one when I finish AAoK.
- The letter I will probably be a title pick since no authors on my to be read list have a last name starting with I.
- Elana Johnson, either Possession or Something About Love.
- K, title pick probably.
- Legend, Marie Lu: This has been on my radar for awhile and I’m finally going to read it this year. This pick makes me happy because the title starts with L as well as the author’s last name. The small joys in life.
- The Ruby Circle, Richelle Mead: I am ready to end the Bloodlines series with this choice. I have avoided spoilers thus far so I am in a hurry to get to this pick.
- N, title pick probably.
- Delirium, Lauren Oliver: Unless I change my mind, I have a lot of YA on my list so far. Happy accident.
What are you planning to read this spring?
Tomorrow will be better because it will finally be the weekend!
Fridays are great because it signals the end of the work week. In the morning I spend daydreaming and making mental notes about my plans for the weekend. I don’t have a care in the world and I don’t sweat the small stuff. It is hard to stress me out or irritate me on Friday mornings. By the afternoon my mood starts to shift. I get more antsy and hyped up for the bliss that is the weekend. I relish in the thought of walking into my home and removing my pants. What is it about women and taking off their pants? Pants at home are restricted to yoga pants (insert your personal style type here) or no pants. And then Friday night, I tend to stay in to relax and unwind over a more complex dinner than the rest of the week.
Saturdays should be longer. Saturday mornings are spent preparing fancy breakfasts, sipping on coffee, and reading. I will usually pick one thing to get done on Saturday, a must do item like going to the grocery store or picking up something new from the mall. I only change this plan when there is an event in town I want to see or a family/friend obligation is scheduled.
Saturday night’s alright for fighting. Saturday night is spent enjoying life, in any way that feels right.
Sunday is catch up day. That morning is for cleaning and other housework. I usually end up doing laundry on this day. Sunday is when the fun of the weekend wears off and it’s back to business. Even though Monday is right around the corner, Sunday evening is great for relaxing and enjoying the last moments of the weekend. Sunday night is the most common night for takeout in this house. Time in the kitchen is minimal unless the mood to bake something strikes me. I usually try to fit in some reading on Sunday, where I can.
Are your weekends elaborately planned or do you take each moment as it comes?
I only have one plan for this weekend. I’m participating in the National Readathon Day on Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. Hopefully I can get ahead on my reading challenge.
This summer I will circumnavigate the United States (the lower 48). I have this goal of visiting all fifty states before I turn fifty years old. I’ll be adding eleven more states to my total. The photo above shows the states I will be visiting on this trip alone.
I kick off my trip in Missouri. More posts about the rest of the trip soon.